Saturday, August 25, 2012

A cat's view on anticipation

“We love to expect, and when expectation is either disappointed or gratified, we want to be again expecting.” – Samuel Johnson

 Our two cats are perfect examples of living a life full of expectations.  Dessy is obsessed with my husband.  While Copper "loves" me and can't wait for his time with me, Dessy takes it to a new level with her obsession of my husband.   I think it's an obsession with him.  He's sure it is her obsession with food.  With her redundant, extra fluffy stature, I guess he could be right.  Lucky, for her, he loves cats and knows every cat has it's own personality.  You never know what you're going to get in each cat.  He faithfully feeds her to keep her from bugging him.  I'm sure he could write a long blog on her activities of obsession.  For now, I'll just share a couple of examples I captured of her moments of stalking watching birds or longing for my husband are as abundant as her fluff.  Tizzie, on the other hand, is more obsessed with the potential to get the birds outside from her view from the window, nap time or her favorite new obsession, ice cubes.  She waits patiently from the top of the cupboards to catch a glimpse of the birds or she simply takes a nap.  However, at the sound of the ice maker, she comes running.  What a life, to be so content with the longing or the joy of simple things!

Dessy, calmly watching the hummingbird

Dessy watching the bluebird in the bath

Tizzie - Ah...ice cubes and water!

Tizzie - I'll get those birds, one way or another

Took too long, time for a nap

"Obsessive stalking look" - waiting for my
husband's next move





No comments:

Post a Comment