Sunday, August 5, 2012

Capturing simple moments...

The photograph isolates and perpetuates a moment of time: an important and revealing moment, or an unimportant and meaningless one, depending upon the photographer’s understanding of his subject and mastery of his process. - Edward Weston

My Dashing Little Copper

I really like that quote!  It fits my current skill level with my camera and capturing adventures with Copper.  We really have a very simple daily routine.  He loves to join me in watering my flower gardens in the backyard.  No matter what time of day, he's ready for the adventure.  Our backyard is where he can run around and smell all the bunny trails outside of our fenced in area.    I just tell him "run, run, run" and off he goes in circles until he is either "pooped" (sometimes literally taking time to do that task), or until he's satisfied and ready to walk quietly with me to the next location. He seems to be in his own little world which is fun to watch, but very hard to catch on camera.
And he's off and running

Captured him in flight

And in flight again

He's getting ready for first rest break.
Slowing to a trot.
I'm not much better capturing him at his first rest break.  I try all the time to get him to look at the camera.  Maybe he's camera shy?  I tend to get him looking at the ground or where he's going to head for his next run. 
He's resting, but doesn't look as "cute"
as I was hoping for

Again....looking at the ground

Gearing up for the next run!
I think the easiest moments to catch are when he's resting peacefully in my lap (his other favorite spot.).
Ah....life is good








No comments:

Post a Comment