Wednesday, August 1, 2012

On being an amateur photographer

One of the best parts of being an amateur is the love of learning something new.  That's why I'm enjoying learning new things about my camera and my technique.  I'm not earning a living from it, that's a REALLY good thing!
Amateurs hope, professionals work. - Garson Kanin
Every time I grab my camera, I see something I think is interesting.  Like this morning, the moon is approaching the full phase, Copper was sitting in the yard waiting to chase something, and the cats were sitting at the door hoping to catch the bugs fluttering by the light.  A great little moment.  SO....silly me, not having a clue that the camera wouldn't catch that exact moment (i.e., I had hope,), I grabbed the camera and took this shot.  The tiny dot is the moon, you can't even see Copper, and the screen gave a halting glare, but the cats continued on with their mindful watch of the bugs flying about.  Good thing this experience won't discourage me from trying again....!


No comments:

Post a Comment