Monday, August 13, 2012

Camera Discovery Organized

I never could have done what I have done without the habits of punctuality, order, and diligence, without the determination to concentrate myself on one subject at a time. – Charles Dickens

"Sometimes you don't have to turn the picture,
this rotation is more interesting" -
Sarah Mae

Enough is enough.  Time to get down to an organized plan to accomplish a few tasks.  One is getting to really know my camera and how it works.  I've spent most of the summer discovering my flower garden.  Waiting with anticipation everyday to see what flowers were coming up, how and if the tomatoes would produce tomatoes and how to keep the "nasty bugs" away.  It has been fun, relaxing and haphazard to say the least.  My goal during that time was to get more comfortable with my camera.

To get organized, I captured the list of all the settings on my camera.  I'm hopeful that will keep me on task. Looking at the list, my least favorite will be the portrait.  I've been attempting "selfies" for a while now, and haven't produced a good one yet.  It doesn't really say "self" portrait though.   I will probably have to skip around a little being that it is August and I see now that one of the settings is "snow".  Hmm, well, I'll just take that as something to look forward too.  I'll plan on the first snow for that one!

Let the adventure begin - 

Here's the list of camera settings to learn. 


1.                   Scene Auto Selector (Check! This is how I have it set all the time!)
2.                   Portrait
3.                   Landscape
4.                   Sports
5.                   Night Portrait
6.                   Dusk/Dawn
7.                   Sunset
8.                   Snow
9.                   Beach
10.               Party/Indoor
11.               Night Landscape
12.               Close-Up
13.               Food
14.               Museum
15.               Fireworks Show
16.               Black and White Copy
17.               Backlighting
18.               Panorama assist
19.               Pet Portrait
20.               Smart Portrait







No comments:

Post a Comment