Thursday, August 2, 2012

Sleepless nights....

The worst thing in the world is to try to sleep and not to.  ~F. Scott Fitzgerald
Last night looking at this lovely sunset, I thought it was going to be a good night of sleep.  I couldn't have been more wrong!
Sky pictures never turn out as nice as they
look in real life...
 First couple hours of sleep were pretty relaxing.  Then the storm moved in....I had to rescue my pride and joy tomato plants, so I got up ran out to the deck to bring in the tomatoes.  I'm only trying to see if this silly little bag thing will actually produce red cherry tomatoes.  (again...I have hope).  Ah...rescued, safe and sound in the garage.
There's maybe a salad's worth of tomatoes
here....

Then....the wind started, and it was loud....so I started worrying about the flag pole.  We forgot to bring in the flag.  I haven't been able to figure out how to do the telescoping part of it, despite the numerous lessons from my husband.  He's way better at it than I am.  He, unlike me, was sleeping peacefully, so I remained in my worry state.  Then, my little ferocious Copper realized after all my excitement with the tomatoes that it was a storm, with lightning and thunder.  He began his frantic panting and search for cover.  In between his panting and pacing, I somehow found a way to fall asleep again.  Then, just like clockwork...the mystery alarm started at 2:00 am.  For 3 weeks it has been going off and we can't find out the source.  So....since I was awake already, I got up and followed the sound.  I just held it as it completed it's ringing, I didn't have my glasses on and I couldn't see in the dark to shut it off.  I knew it would stop based upon experience.  So I set it down and returned to bed, reported the findings to my husband who joined the sleepless party. I'm sure he'll fix the alarm today!!  Great....only two more hours until the alarm goes off.   So here I am, just venting of the sleepless night.  Hoping today I'll somehow find the energy to make it through the day.  By the way....the flagpole was still standing.  Why, oh why, do I worry so much????


No comments:

Post a Comment