Friday, August 3, 2012

Careful what you ask for...

In this world there are only two tragedies. One is not getting what one wants and the other is getting it. - Oscar Wilde

I remember when my kids were little.  I'd pray for patience, and it never failed, life would present me with even more opportunities to practice that skill.  Yesterday, I posted about sleepless nights.  It seems that one night wasn't enough of those opportunities.  When I arrived home from work last night.  The house was a bit warmer than usual...
Our blessed air conditioning unit had given up.  Frankly, I don't blame it.  It's been one of the hottest summers requiring it to run 24/7 for a month and a 1/2.  That was clearly evident in our energy bill that tripled last month!!!
Thankfully, last night was one of the coolest evenings in weeks, with low humidity to boot.  Windows open and a slight breeze helped sleeping.  
Monday I was dreading going to work....today, well, let's just say, I'm hoping the air conditioning is working there.
Oh and TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment