Thursday, August 9, 2012

Confession of a little madness...



"Though this be madness, yet there is method in 't.". - (Hamlet, Act II, Scene II). - William Shakespeare
Indeed, this is a lovely new home

Remember my posts about those "nasty" bugs.  As I mentioned, I think their main attraction, besides their scent, is moisture.  They always seem to come in droves the more moisture there is around the flowers.  I've been keeping them at bay by helping launch them into the soapy abyss of lots of water containing drops of dish soap.  This sad method works best during the weekend when I can take several trips to the garden during the day.  If I water only the soil under the flowers and do careful screening of the plants, I can keep more in the bucket than on the plants.  Sad, but true...my confession, I'm enjoying the win in this little plot..."take this you nasty bugs!"

Here's the lesson on how:
Step 1:  Locate them

Step 2:  Grab them

Step 3:  Transfer them to new location

If anyone can find a better purpose for these bugs, or an easier way to help them find something better to do than eat my flowers, I'd be more than willing to help!  Until then...this method is working!





No comments:

Post a Comment