Friday, August 31, 2012

Summer drawing to an end

“Summer’s lease hath all too short a date.” – William Shakespeare
Wow, where did this summer go?  I can't believe it is August 31st.  Don't get me wrong, I love the fall with the changing of the leaves, the cooler nights, and the fall flowers.  I look forward to September as it is my favorite month of the year.  But...it seems too soon, this summer just flew by too quickly.  I'm thankful to have taken lots of pictures so I can remember how things looked in the spring, to remind myself that I did take in the summer and did have many great moments to remember.

The harvest moon is full so I thought I'd give it one more attempt at catching a picture with the dawn setting on the camera.  I remembered that I need to hold my hand steady as the camera has to take it's time to process the picture.  I was really, really careful.  Being all happy with myself, I ran upstairs to my computer and found that the video card was still in my computer and not in the camera at all!  Nice...

So having missed that opportunity, feeling like a toad sitting in a plant, I think I'll share a picture of my first harvest instead.  I wouldn't have believed it had I not taken pictures all season to show the changes and the growth.  That goofy plant container actually produced a few tomatoes.   I hope they taste good too, they'll be gone as quickly as summer.

He (remember toad/frogs are "he") sat
steady for lots of pictures.  Sad
to say this is the best one!

More tomatoes to come - if the wind
doesn't knock them off

First harvest (one green one due to wind damage)

No comments:

Post a Comment