Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A time to laugh

“You grow up the day you have your first real laugh at yourself.” – Ethel Barrymore

Yesterday's discovery session was about dawn/dusk.  I revisited the pictures with my consultant, Sarah, and she shared some tips.  "Mom, you're so funny!"  For starters, dawn isn't in the middle of the night (3:45 am is too early).  Number two, the dusk/dawn setting is where you're letting more light into the camera so that you can capture the picture better.  You can't move until the picture is taken and you have to have a bit more light outside so it can focus better.  Ah, so that explains why my pictures were blurry.  I was moving before the picture was actually taken, thus the many moons, instead of one moon!   I wanted to do a retake this morning.  I looked outside but it is extremely overcast.  At 4:59 am, a bit closer to "dawn", it is still dark outside, so no retakes today!  At least we had a nice laugh about it.  I won't cross the dusk/dawn picture off my list yet.

Update on #2 of my "to do list".  I'm still working on the portrait.  I've been attempting a self portrait.  If I have the guts today, it will be session #4.  I've taken over 300 pictures and have found that while I've always been proud of my ability to multitask, taking my own picture is more of a challenge than I thought.  At one point, I was getting a bit tired, so I sat down in my comfy office chair.  Copper joined me and we yawned together.  I'm guessing he enjoys the outside adventures more.  More to come on #2 on the list!

Multitasking - yawning, holding Copper,
and taking a picture
LOL




No comments:

Post a Comment