Tuesday, August 21, 2012

On Laughter and Bling

“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells.  Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.  It’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.  Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life’s realities.”  Dr. Seuss
My new bling and the new sign

If this were for sale, and we had a car
big enough to haul it, I think it would
have been purchased

Showing off the bling (I'm just a little
thankful for the blur to the picture)


 I don't know about you, but to me there is something about getting away from the normal routine, sharing lots of laughter and staying up really late that is very therapeutic.  It took me a couple of nights to get enough sleep to feel as though "I've recovered".  The cool part is that the therapeutic effect lingers through the happy memories of recalling what we did and what we crammed into 30 hours of our "girls night out".

I love you dear friends!
The four amigos, who when we are together, share laughter at and with each other, whining moments, thought provoking discussions, and genuine support for each other's struggles and successes.  We encourage each other to stretch out of our comfort zones, and even compete a little with our stories.  I think of it more as  "brainstorming" versus "competing" as we continue to build upon this great friendship we've had since our daughters were young.

Remember a few posts ago I displayed one of my new "out of my comfort zone" outfits.  During this girls night out adventure, I bought some "bling" to go with one of my other new shirts.  Silly me, I thought I was supposed to match.  But, I did also remember, consultant Sarah's advise, that the jewelry doesn't all have to be a matching set, they can just go together with a little color theme.  So that was my mission at one of the jewelry stores we went to.  The "bling" is a fun reminder of getting out of my comfort zone and this great weekend of laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment