Saturday, August 18, 2012

A minor dusk success

“One of the most satisfying experiences I know is fully to appreciate an individual in the same way I appreciate a sunset.  When I look at a sunset…I don’t find myself saying, ‘Soften the orange a little more on the right hand corner, and put a bit more purple along the base, and use a little more pink in the cloud color…’  I don’t try to control a sunset.  I watch it with awe as it unfolds." – Carl R. Rogers


Since I had a bit of a problem understanding how my camera works with the dawn/dusk setting, I tried again last night to see if I could capture the sunset with the dusk setting.  I can see how the setting is different form the auto focus as it definitely captures more of the purple hues.  I held the camera steady enough too.  Yeah, finally success with the dusk setting.

Dusk Setting

Auto focus setting


Copper joined me once again.  He knows how to enjoy a sunset.  Whenever he is really relaxed, his little tongue sticks out just a bit.  Dare I say he was even "weeping" a bit at the beauty of the evening.

Yeah, he looked at me

Tears of joy looking at the sunset, note
his cute little tongue sticking out




No comments:

Post a Comment