Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Little drops of interesting...

To me, photography is an art of observation. It’s about finding something interesting in an ordinary place… I’ve found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. - Elliott Erwitt
Day lily with morning dew drops

Yesterday I was checking my marigolds for those nasty bugs.  I've resorted to checking the flowers several times a day and catching the bugs and throwing them in the bucket of soapy water to keep the reproduction down to a minimum.  I still believe what they like is the moisture.  While looking around the marigolds, I noticed my little day lily was beginning to open up. Looking closer I saw how the dew was forming drops at the tip of the leaves.  Pretty simple, pretty cool!

After capturing all the bugs I could see, I looked towards the sunset and saw this view.  I know that sky pictures are hard to capture, but I still think the way the clouds form around the sun is fascinating.  One day, I'll catch an interesting picture.  Until then, I'll keep trying.  Here's yesterday's attempt.

Love the cloud swirls

Being all proud of my pictures, I shared them with Dessy our "on the plump side" cat.  I don't think she was impressed.  
At least she looks at the camera!

At least one of us is enjoying all those moments of interesting.  Ah...the simple things in life!


No comments:

Post a Comment